Tuesday 13 September 2011

Cakes For all Occasions


With this ad the customer provided the text and a few images of cakes and I had to pick the one I thought was more effective. The customer asked for a lilac colour scheme which played a part in the choice of the cake because it has pink flowers which go well with the lilac. The cake picture was originally on a white background So I used the 'darken' tool in InDesign which then made the cake transparent and go purple, so I used the pen tool in InDesign to create a shape the same as the cake and filed in white, and placed it behind the cake so it got rid of the lilac and made the cake its normal colour. I placed a dark purple border around the ad to bring all the colours together. I designed this ad in InDesign and used Photoshop to convert the image to CMYK.

No comments:

Post a Comment